Animated Competition Winner Reveal
Hertz Miles Millionaire
- 2D animation
- 3D animation
- Royalty-free music
- Sound FX
Format: Social media
Production: 3 days
Adrian at Hertz called to talk about making the 60-second video for a social media marketing campaign they were running called ‘Miles Millionaire’. He described the video as a plane flight animation because it was going to show a plane flying and taking off from different locations. It was going to be in an illustrated style because he wanted it to look fun rather than corporate. It also had to have music that was fun and energetic and we also had to consider the Hertz brand and colours. Finally the winner would be revealed at the end of the video.
- Illustrated scenes with iconic landmarks – making each location recognisable in a short space of time – The Eiffel Tower in France, Christ the Redeemer in Rio, and The Statue of Liberty in New York.
- Sound effects were added in each location to help make them even more recognisable.
- 3D country flags were animated blowing in the wind using Cinema 4D.
- Brief information and statistics were introduced as the plane flew through the sky.
- Footage of the winner was revealed on a postcard as he presented his message.
- Bruno (the winner) thanked Hertz and Flying Blue for the miles he had won. He also told us about the amazing places he was going to visit with his family. And because Bruno was French we also used subtitles so we could all understand his message.
- In conclusion this was a fun project to be a part of and for a new, and valued client too. Adrian was over the moon with his plane flight animation. And it seems like this is the first of more animations that we’ll make with Hertz too. Congratulations Bruno, and thank you, Adrian, for the opportunity.
I was up against an incredibly tight deadline to create a motion video for an important partner. I approached Scott and he was simply outstanding. He understood a relatively complex brief, and returned his understanding to make sure we were aligned. Scott’s communication throughout the process was first class as I always knew exactly were I stood relating to lead times. The net result was more that I could have asked for, with our partner providing a round-of-applause after seeing Scott’s video.